Friday 29 December 2017

My fav food is pancakes

Ingredients

  • 100g plain flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 Bord Bia Quality Assured egg
  • 300 ml milk
  • 1 tablsp. melted butter or sunflower oil

To Cook

Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the well; add the melted butter or oil and half the milk. Gradually draw the flour into the liquid by stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until all the flour has been incorporated and then beat well to make a smooth batter. Stir in the remaining milk. Alternatively, beat all the ingredients together for 1 minute in a blender or food processor. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes, stir again before using.
To make the pancakes, heat a small heavy-based frying until very hot and then turn the heat down to medium. Lightly grease with oil and then ladle in enough batter to coat the base of the pan thinly (about 2 tablsp.), tilting the pan so the mixture spreads evenly. Cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes or until the batter looks dry on the top and begins to brown at the edges. Flip the pancake over with a palette knife or fish slice and cook the second side.
Turn onto a plate, smear with a little butter, sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice or why not try some of our other suggestions for sweet and savoury toppings.

Sweet Toppings:

  • Sliced Bananas
  • Berries
  • Poached Plums
  • Apples sautéed with butter and Cinnamon
  • Lemon Curd and Crème Fraiche
  • Maple Syrup
  • Honey
  • Apple Syrup
  • Nut Butter
  • Chocolate Spread
  • Nuts and Seeds

Savoury Toppings:

  • Spinach
  • Bord Bia Quality Assured Bacon
  • Bord Bia Quality Assured Ham
  • Cheese
  • Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
  • Bolognese Sauce
  • Sautéed Mushrooms

Perfect Pancake Inspiration 



For more pancake inspiration see our perfect pancakes page for recipe videos and more ideas on sweet, stacked and savoury pancakes!
my fav food is pancakes because you can make them in many different ways

from James

7 comments:

  1. Kia ora James,

    My name is Emiely from the Summer Learning Journey and I'm one of the bloggers who will be blogging with you this summer! :)

    Yum! Your blog post is making me so hungry! You've found a really easy to follow recipe. Well done! I think I'm going to have to use your recipe next time I think about making pancakes. I've never had savoury pancakes before... what's it like?

    My favourite pancakes have a nutella topping or banana and maple syrup. What is your favourite pancake topping?

    Keep up the great blogging, James!

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emiely. i would rather have icing sugar, maple syrup and lemon juice. I just had breakfast and now i'm still hungry

      Delete
    2. Kia ora James,

      Thanks for replying to my comment! I always love hearing back from bloggers like yourself! :)

      Yum... I've just eaten breakfast too, but your reply has made me hungry again. I think I might need to go have a sweet treat after talking about pancakes. Did you get to have pancakes for breakfast this morning or did you have something different?

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete
    3. hello again
      i did have pancakes, but more i could have 3, but i had 2 they were very big.

      i have an aunt that can make huge pancakes the size of two faces, and she can make small pancakes the size of your palm

      blogging is great, its one of great things of my list.

      James:)

      Delete
  2. Hello James, Joshua here
    Thank you for showing us how to make Pancakes. Next time you should add a photo of you making Pancakes. Have you ever made a Delicious Pancake

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora
    I am Brooklyn and I attend Panmure Bridge School. I have enjoyed reading the process of makeing this James. Maybe next time you should add some photos of you making the pancakes or just pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora James,
    My name is Nyah and I am a student at Karoro Primary School in Greymouth. I'm pretty sure that we've met before but I don't exactly remember where.

    I think that it's really cool that you have shown your viewers a recipe to make the PERFECT PANCAKES!

    Next time, you should add some photos in of you doing the steps to make the pancakes. I really wanted to see what the finish product looked like.

    Hope to see more of you yummy recipes later on. Happy Blogging!

    Nyah ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your helpful, thoughtful, positive comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.